Laminate Flooring is extremely hygienic and easy to keep clean. Here are our recommendations to keep your laminate floor looking beautiful for many years.
- Routine cleaning requires just vacuuming, dusting with a clean, dry cloth, or a damp mop to prevent loose dirt or grit from scratching your floor’s finish.
- Use non-staining walk-off mats by the entrance of all outside doorways.
- Use a damp mop to remove footmarks and most stubborn dirt. Always be sure that your mop has been thoroughly wrung out. Never wet mop, or use excessive amounts of water on your the laminate floor.
- Never use scouring substances, abrasive cleaners, paste waxes or any floor polishes on your laminate floor.
- Marks and stubborn stains can easily be removed with Acetone™ nail polish remover or other mild, solvents containing alcohol.
- Felt pads should be affixed to the base of all furniture legs and drip trays should be placed underneath any planted pots. Movable furniture should be fitted with wide, rubber rollers.
- The use of “soap-free” cleaners on a regular basis is all you need to do to keep your floor looking beautiful for many years.
- Hardened glue left over after your floor is installed can be removed with Acetone™ nail polish remover or special glue solvents.
Important Tips Regarding Laminate Flooring:
- Use any non-abrasive, soap-free cleaner on a regular basis. (NEVER USE: Abrasive pads and cleaners, including nylon scouring pads, steel wool, Comet™, Soft Scrub™, etc. which may damage the finish.)
- Footprints and dirt easily wipe away with a moist cloth. Just wring cloth well before use. · It is recommended to remove any wet spills immediately to avoid liquid penetration into the seams.
- Use felt protectors or approved nylon pads under furniture and replace all hard plastic or metal rollers on furniture with soft rubber rollers.
- Use caution when moving large appliances such as refrigerator, ranges, etc. · Use protective mats at exterior entrances and in heavy traffic areas.
- Always remove loose dirt by sweeping. Mop using a rinse free or non-sudsy ammonia mixed with water according to the ammonia’s instructions for normal cleaning. Use only a slightly damp mop.
- Don’t use “mop-and-shine” products. They’ll leave a dull film. Never wax or polish your floor.